We are Neet and Wendy and we would like to welcome you to our fortnightly challenge, ‘Artful Times’, where we are offering a variety of challenges to inspire you to create in whichever style or medium of crafting you enjoy. You never know, we might even inspire you to create something out of your comfort zone and try out something new.

Yes like all challenge sites we have rules and guidelines. We hope you will read and follow them, we have Oyster Stamps as our sponsor, and of course, a winner and runner up will be chosen each month. We may also have the occasional guest designer.



Friday 27 September 2013

Challenge 39 - Autumnal Colours

Don't you just love to go for a walk on a crisp morning in autumn and slide your feet through all the rustling leaves?  I know I do.  And nothing gives me greater pleasure than to take a ride and pass through countryside where the trees have turned to "reds, golds, oranges, yellows and browns".  Wonder how many of you enjoy that too?

Well, the challenge this time is for you to use those colours somewhere in your creation.  You don't have to use them all but let your choice of colour be echoed in the autumn colours.

I made a card for my inspiration.  It is a stamp I have had for a long time and it actually says "The Earth Becomes A Coloured Quilt when Autumn Comes Along" (but with American spelling) although I always think it is difficult to really see the wording.


Pop along to my blog to see how I made it and what I used but don't forget to read the rules and guidelines at the top of the page before you start yours.  I will even show you another autumnal themed article - a revamp of an old project.  What is it?



Thanks for the entries in our last challenge, it was fabulous to see what you all got up to with your scrap.  Great use of different things.

10 comments:

Von said...

Oh gosh Neet all on your own this fortnight well done ☺

Cazzy said...

I hope my card has enough Autumn colour on it for this challenge. Love the example and that sneak peek.

Cazzy

Tracy said...

First time entering..beautiful project and off to have a look at the other.
Hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a great theme for this season. Your sneak peak looks fab, great texture. Seems to be an altered frame.

chrissie said...

Lovely sample Neet and some wonderful entries so far

Love Chrissie x

Chaosmaus said...

Nice Theme and Samples, i love Autumn Colours.
LG Kerstin

Sandra's Spot said...

Fab Fab Fab makes ladies and love the theme. Hugs Sandra X

Cazzy said...

Hi Neet, I am not sure why my third card doesn't meet the Autumnal colours brief when the other two apparently do, I thought pumpkins were Autumnal coloured!

Cazzy said...

Thanks for coming back to me Neet, fair enough, I forgot or overlooked that rule.
We did used to have a similar rule on Quirky but we dropped it in the end, too much to work out if it was broken when we had a popular challenge, and we thought it put people off entering.

Cazzy x

sam21ski said...

I'm sorry but I feel I have to jump in here and reply to the last message that Cazzy has put up.

I'm sorry that you don't like our rules, but that's just what they are 'our' rules!! We have no plans to change them to accommodate you. It is not our fault that you are forgetful, there are enough reminders to follow the rules and if you can not do so or do not like the response when you don't follow them, please do not enter. Our rules are there for a purpose, not so the participants can move the goal posts!!

I do not intend to get into an argument about this, as I say they are 'our rules' so if you are playing please abide by them. We are not looking to be told how to run our own challenge blog.

Sam - AT